ohhh this crazy journey with little baby blair. i seriously had fantasies of what being pregnant would be like and NONE of those have come true. I am not glowing, I am not walking on clouds, and my body is not embracing this change. *sigh * i absolutely love this little sass monster 2 growing inside of me but it has been quite the adventure.
here are some good and bad things that have been happening in the last 6 months (eek i can’t believe i’m already 24 weeks! SCARY)
1. Morning sickness is a beast. I had it for 17 weeks and at 24, I still dry heave at least once a day. The nausea is gone but my aversion to certain smells and foods is ever present. Bleh. >.<
2. Getting fat is not easy. YES of course you will gain weight, of COURSE your body will change as it accommodates a growing fetus. Unfortunately…it’s just not easy to see it all happen. Neither are the OTHER changes. eep.
3. I think the old wives tale that a girl “takes your beauty” is true. I look CRAZY, my nose has grown, and my skin is just very bleh.
4. I have carpel tunnel, which is NOT fun. It hurts day and night and keeps me from getting any REM sleep. SUCKS. Apparently it’s genetic. My mom had it.
5. Seeing the baby’s ultrasound at every doctors appointment makes me cry. I love seeing her move around, grow and become a real person! I love it when I can see more and more of her face, her body and her shape. Even in the womb she is a terrible listener (doesn’t do what the doctor wants ever). Let’s hope she’s not unruly when she comes out! lol
6. Feeling her move inside is the most incredible feeling. It can be a little painful at times, but it’s a constant reminder that she’s healthy and strong. I love her so much already when I feel her inside and I can’t imagine what it’ll be like to meet her!
7. I’ve started to get some back pain, but so far it’s been bearable. I can only imagine what it’ll be like later. THANKFULLY mike is not opposed to going to get massages with me so that I don’t have to suffer. and he’s been really great about giving me foot rubs and back rubs when i’m really uncomforrtable.
8. For cravings, I wouldn’t say that I’m crazy for pickles and ice cream at 1am. But there are some foods that I like a lot more than I did before the pregnancy… 1) sweet drinks 2) cold desserts (icee, popsicle, ice cream, etc) 3) hamburgers + french fries 4) fruit 5)pancakes/waffles
9. My feet have started to change! I can’t tell if they’re swollen or if my feet are actually growing. All I can tell is that some shoes are super tight and uncomfortable. I know basically wear the same 2 pairs. Sad…
10. Thanks to baby blair, mike and i are going through the house weekly looking for things to donate or toss. So far we’ve donated 3 car loads full and still have 2-3 more. i know…we’ve got a lot of crap. it’s been pretty exciting to declutter our apartment since we’re eager to make it baby friendly. <3 We’re also getting a few new items for the house to make it safer and easier when the baby comes. It’s been really exciting and fun to see Mike plan our lives and home around the baby. Makes me realize what an incredible parent he’ll be and how he’ll always put our family first. <3