even before baby mike and i struggled with cooking during the week. actually…let’s be real, i HATE cooking and i suck at it. i have no interest or heart (intention) in cooking. so since we started dating, mike has seriously cooked these past 8 years and he is SOOOO good at it. i like to think my weakness in it helps make it one of his strengths. lol
anyway, we’ve been REALLY into one pot cooking or crock pot cooking. we make a huge batch of something on sunday and then eat it all week (including C!). we add a little salad or some easy side to it during the week (…usually not..) and wahlah~~ a nice homecooked meal after work!
here are some inspiration links for you to get started! things i look for in recipes~ is it healthy, is it easy to make, is it cost effective, is it baby friendly?
- seasoned chicken and potatoes and green beans
- chicken soup
- sausage, spinach and white bean soup
- one pot cheesy zuccini rice
- lo mein (add lots of veggies)
- garlic herb mashed cauliflower
- turkey chili
- balsalmic brussel sprouts
other fun meal ideas for us~~
- buying a cooked chicken from the store and eating it with side salads or over roasted veggies. then using the leftovers over salad for the rest of the week.
- buying costco ready meals and eating that for the week. they have great healthy options!